Running late again – apologies… (Would you accept “out of my skull on jet-lag” as an excuse? 🙁 🙂 ) The links and Tweets from last week, anyway: usual categories, of course, preceded by the usual ‘Read more’ link.
Enterprise-architecture, business-architecture, business-strategy and related businessy stuff:
- getstoried: RT @BBrands: Your brand is far more that just a name, a logo or a tagline; it’s the stories that people tell about you (via @getstoried ) What’s yours? <the brand is a story, the enterprise is a story #bizarch #bmgen #entarch
- SystemsWiki: @jdevoo A direct link is… http://www.systemswiki.org/download/SPF01.ppt or the soon to be exposed… http://bit.ly/eMm8OG Enjoy! #systemsthinking
- theopengroup: RT @togaf_r: New Resource: Read the TOGAF spec on your smartphone or tablet. Visit our mobile site http://ow.ly/3Vdwe #itarch #entarch
- SAlhir: RT @stoweboyd Social Business Design is design for companies that are made out of people http://sto.ly/dZpwZR Dave Gray #entarch
- SAlhir: Speed is the essence of conflict, but speed does not always mean moving fast physically. http://bit.ly/i5A8lP <recommend – example is law&order, but exactly the same applies in #bmgen #bizops etc, hence also in #entarch #bizarch that invokes it
- vernaallee: RT @Paul4innovating: More radical #innovation needs to be unleashed. Ecosystems , governments and platforms http://bit.ly/icrzGb and http://bit.ly/frTqU2
- hvaelama: An effectual logic is based on the premise: To the extent we can control the future, we do not need to predict it. // A causal logic is based on the premise: To the extent we can predict the future, we can control it.
- oscarberg: Blogged: Essential Readings For CxO-level Executives http://goo.gl/fb/XAEMX <v.useful annotated list on knowledge-work etc
- oscarberg: In a world of abundance [of information, ideas], a key challenge is to choose which constraints should guide our decisions <also principles etc as constraints
- business_design: RT @YetAStudio: Startup Genome and its Relationship to Business Model Generation http://ow.ly/3VFo6 <linking ‘evo-devo’ biology as metaphor to #bmgen #bizarch etc
- BillIves: post on Making Greater Use of Smart Content in the Enterprise http://bit.ly/hSYBiR
- vernaallee: New creative commons book Value Networks and the True Nature of Collaboration http://bit.ly/hyuwoU // There seems to be some confusion on whether a www is needed. Here is the “real” url www.valuenetworksandcollaboration.com <read full-content online – recommend #collab #entarch
- jdevoo: Mobile Megatrends 2011 http://slidesha.re/gRGacc #bmgen #bizarch
- jdevoo: Radical Efficiency http://bit.ly/hHMeNN via my #sustainabledevelopment class mates <v.useful how-to #gov20 #entarch
- CreatvEmergence: RT @brainpicker AskNature: The Biomimicry Design Portal – http://is.gd/1pu6tU
- Eclectopedic: RT @guidostompff: @Eclectopedic read yr comment on unbearable lightness… A sensemakers perspective! Maybe read designing as sensemaking http://bit.ly/e0w186
- greblhad: Checklists are there to cover the fact that what should be obvious is missing. <agree: hence what checklists do we need in #entarch etc?
- carlhaggerty: Virtualising Enterprise Architecture 1:Sustainability http://bit.ly/dI7JSU 2:Process http://bit.ly/g6C6UF #gov20 #entarch
- rtolido: not surprisingly, interoperability is one of the high priority issues for regional police forces working together #epc2011 // “we would never store police data in the Amazon cloud” (quote at #epc2011 panel). I just wonder if it really would be safer elsewhere…
- oscarberg: RT @ariegoldshlager: The Value of Taking-things-away, by @bankervision: http://bit.ly/gFQG7b #innovation #entarch #bmgen
- theopengroup: Enterprise Architecture: Helping to unravel the emergence of new forces http://nblo.gs/ekwXF <moves toward a true whole-of-enterprise #entarch this time – not at all surprised that this comes from India rather than the ‘developed’ world
- EAIntelligence: RT @mashable: How Open Data Initiatives Can Improve City Life http://on.mash.to/gdtYps #datagov #gov20 #opengov #opendata
- CreatvEmergence: Life shows up most vividly in the cracks between the plans <same is true within organisations and their hierarchies… #entarch #orgarch
- CreatvEmergence: RT @zenext: The nouns in life have meaning and value only in context of the verbs <likewise the nouns (‘things’) and verbs (processes) in orgs etc #entarch
- oscarberg: RT @apoorv: RT @AntennaSoftware: Best practices for developing an enterprise #mobile strategy – FierceContentManagement http://bit.ly/eCYiDZ #wcm
- davidcushman: RT @euan: About authority, Mubarak and an organisation near you http://bit.ly/dTtlmB <strong recommend #entarch #socmedia
- oscarberg: RT @elsua: By @raesmaa: “If you put fences around people you get sheep” & thoughts on org growth/dev http://bit.ly/h0SYAY <strong recommend #entarch
- davidriveroll: RT @mattcutts: Google announces One Pass, which is a platform for digital subscriptions: http://goo.gl/4NzSv
- theopengroup: How the cyberattack on Nasdaq may help your case for better #security for *your* enterprise http://ow.ly/3XLY9 #itarch #entarch
- mikejwalker: Examining the Current State of EA 2011 http://bit.ly/eGRt0z <summary and full transcript of Dana Gardener’s panel-interview with leading Open Group figures at the recent San Diego conference #itarch #entarch
- BillIves: RT @GautamGhosh: Huffington Post bloggers aren’t only ones getting punked http://bit.ly/fBo0l8 … thought provoking 🙂 <aka ‘how to create some really angry anti-clients…’ #society #economics #bmgen #entarch
- vernaallee: RT @innovate Why Disruption is the Preferred Innovation Outcome http://bit.ly/ijQ0yL <practical realities of #bmgen #entarch etc in orgs
- vernaallee: RT @EliseOlding: Does Business #Process Value Depreciate over Time? http://bit.ly/gTchoW #bpm <short answer is ‘Yes’ – but needs a longer and more detailed answer
- mikejwalker: Communication is Key for Enterprise Architects http://bit.ly/dQv653 <recommend #entarch #itarch etc
- business_design: Must read: What job are you getting done for customers? Harvard Prof Clay Christensen’s view http://goo.gl/9DWcN #bmgen #ux
- theopengroup: T-Shaped people http://nblo.gs/eoFnQ <EAs need to be ‘comb-shaped people’ – breadth and depth in many disciplines #entarch
- blomr: Complexity + Change = Need for #entarch (e.g. healthcare: matching demand and supply, funding streams, transparency in quality)
- SAlhir: RT @GrahamHill Must see slideshare – service designers on Beyond #Gamification: designing player journey http://is.gd/rt5tn0 by @amyjokim #bmgen #bizarch #collab
- rtolido: more background info about the Black Turkey phenomenon, especially for visitors of #emcnl #emcforum http://bit.ly/hb6cX4 <yes! – everyone loves change as long as it doesn’t affect themselves… and IT-folks are some of the worst offenders in this…
- BeyondEA: New post: Why EA only? http://bit.ly/gOs1fV #EntArch #CIO <the urgent need to move beyond ‘IT-architecture as-pretend-enterprise-architecture’…
- forrester: Four percent of EAs are reporting to business executives. Important trend to watch, says Leganza. #EAF11 <only 4%??? – still a long way to go… 🙁
- EnterprisingA: Thought for the day: Logic serves little purpose if you simply use it to justify the decision you have already made // Thought for tomorrow: The most valuable thing you get from an argument is the benefit of another point of view
- aojensen: Seeking quality criteria for BPMS programs and implementations: http://j.mp/hvX8UX #bpm #bpms #thinkingenterprise
- thoughttrans: RT @lindabronson: #entarch without governance is a waste of trees #EAF11
- simonbrown: RT @jhannes: How to fail as architect: 1. Dispense unproved guidelines. 2. disappear from view, 3. disparage devs’ failure to do your bidding <example is #itarch, but applies to all other forms of architecture as well…
- 5Di: On M&A: helping a client with a conversion from a “leverage my model” to a “reinvent my business model” http://hbr.org/2011/03/the-big-idea-the-new-ma-playbook/ar/2
- 5Di: Just completed Discovery, Synthesis and Partition for a ‘consolidate to single BOM’ next wave with be a next iteration ‘transforms to new BOM’. VPEC-T has helped in a number of ways: focus on people, process and technology aspects in a balanced way, manage risk, map milestones (critical events), consider confidence and trust issues early. #vpect
- basvg: RT @brendabizz: BiZZdesign sponsor @ Forrester EA Forum in San Francisco this wk. Business Architecture touted as fastest growing trend.Gene Laganza Keynote <great news – as long it’s not the IT-centric version of ‘business-architecture’, that is, which is usually somewhat worse than useless…
- KMskunkworks: Denning (2010) Why do great KM programs fail? Good read! http://bit.ly/cfhQQz #kcube #km <recommend #entarch
- nickmalik: [post] Three word definition of #entarch “Reduce Unnecessary Effort” http://bit.ly/dEkJ8k <yes, but beware ‘efficiency-trap’…
- eatraining: A System for Speaking IT Truths to CEOs http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2011/02/how_i_learned_a_system_for_spe.html
- smbounds: UPFRONT: A method for speaking truths to CEOs http://bit.ly/fV39fG HT @HarvardBiz http://s.hbr.org/hzl5W1 <recommend #entarch
- adrianrcampbell: Enterprise Architects should ideally report to CEO not CIO or CTO http://bit.ly/fxsRfU #EntArch #BizArch <is IT-centric ‘EA’ again: “the figure who maps what hardware and software a company should implement to keep itself competitive” – real enterprise-architecture covers a much broader scope than that, as some of the people in the panel did clearly acknowledge
- business_design: RT @NellyNellson: Check out The Gamification Encyclopedia: http://gamification.org/wiki/Encyclopedia via @DaveGray #gamestorming
- EnterprisingA: #EAMantra (28) I am an enterprise architect and on the door of my ivory tower is a sign that reads “It can be done!”
- joemckendrick: Fedex’s green data center in Colo: at least 5k hours/yr of free cooling, air brought in from outside @heathclancy http://tinyurl.com/457bqbo <‘GreenIT’ – a long way to go, but this is a good example of what can be done now, delivering ‘green’ results and lower costs and greater resilience
Narrative-knowledge, knowledge-management, creativity, leadership and in-person collaboration:
- SAlhir: “Being humble isn’t thinking less of yourself, it’s about thinking of yourself less” http://bit.ly/hMhxBy @zappos
- unorder: RT @25butterbeers: @unorder Video by nerdfighter. Talks about communities of practice and Etienne: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1h9wT3HkU&feature=feedu :O
- davidriveroll: Chimamanda Adichie: El peligro de una sola historia / The danger of a single story http://on.ted.com/8uv7 > Great #TED video
- CreatvEmergence: RT @curtisogden: New institutions don’t come first. New conversations, interactions, and relationships do. #bizarch
- SAlhir: RT @simonsinek team is group of people that works together with common purpose not just group of people assigned to work on the same project <a key distinction in #orgarch #entarch etc…
- BillIves: RT @elsua: @rawn “Can Consultants Save Us Money By Doing More Work Remotely?” http://bit.ly/hIMVjY Required Reading! <v.interesting…
- SAlhir: What is at the root of dysfunction? Not merely conflict, but our inability to deal creatively with conflict! <also an addiction to attempting to ‘export’ to others feelings and fears (and the concomitant relational/spiritual etc work) – see ‘human side of systems’, http://tetradianbooks.com/2009/06/hss-manifesto/
- hvaelama: Knowledge-creators generate causes (explanations in the head) corresponding to effects (impersonal phenomena in the world) // know-how-creators generate effects (change in the world) // difference between understanding and innovation is analogous to the difference between analysis & synthesis, between deduction & induction // difference between understanding and innovation is analogous to the difference between the entrepreneur and the manager
- CreatvEmergence: Hold Conversations, Not Meetings – HBR – http://ow.ly/3WVeG via @DavidHolzmer for #innovation, #narrativeknowledge and much else besides
- oscarberg: RT @AnaDataGirl: HBR: ‘Using Stories to overcome fear’: “Good leaders tell stories that “cast” them & their organizations as agents of change” http://bit.ly/hc80AO <same in #entarch – the enterprise itself is the story – also note great reverse-acronym for ‘fear’, as ‘false evidence appearing real’
- josvanoosten: RT @slowtech: (video) Shame & Empathy by Dr. Brené Brown: Brené is the author of The Gifts of Imperfection: Letting Go of Who… http://bit.ly/gfG8oi #orgarch
- JohnPolgreen: RT @mcgoverntheory BestBuy allows employees to work whenever they choose as long as they meet goals. Would your #CIO to allow same? <why CIO? – should be CEO or COO, surely? – good point, but CIO-as-CEO seems a dangerously IT-centric view… #entarch
- oscarberg: RT @erlanovation: Another look at Gartner’s predictions: Is your organization ready for a Work Swarm? http://bit.ly/ef8yGW #leadchange #innovate
- vernaallee: Role-based exchange networks are the natural way people organize to create value and achieve outcomes. More http://bit.ly/eDwcAZ <chapter from Verna Allee’s new online book – recommend #orgarch #entarch
- vernaallee: All work is networked. Networks and the Cynefin model http://bit.ly/gYDBNG <see also @cfkurtz on Confluence http://bit.ly/gD5T8W – a recent update on the ‘network pyramids’ in the 2003 Cynefin paper
- vernaallee: How to map value networks with data from the Web http://bit.ly/fRLCKw // Here is an example of a strategic alliance value network http://bit.ly/gjfU2F // Activating Regional Innovation and the four stages of bringing an idea to market http://bit.ly/eQLpcv <chapters from Verna Allee’s new online book on value-networks
- DavidGurteen: How to make KM pervasive in organisations? http://linkd.in/g8hqDF #KM <practical how-to (and why-to) discussion on LinkedIn
- Eclectopedic: RT @flowchainsensei: Unlearning Requires An Anti-Library http://bit.ly/hysGKx <crucial for all innovators…
- KMskunkworks: #molk #KM good read! Meg Wheatley (2006): Lifecycle of Emergence CoP http://bit.ly/uzjVp <also value-networks – recommend #entarch
- thoughttrans: RT @simonsinek: The value of experimentation is not the trying, it’s the trying again after the experiment fails. <hence #entarch needs to support ‘learning from fail and then trying again’ e.g. via #km #collab etc
- SAlhir: RT @JenniferSertl: great collection! RT @Brainzooming #creativity in the past year – 37 articles. http://bit.ly/f9C0sL #ideas
- oscarberg: Gary Hamel: Inventing Management 2.0 http://on.wsj.com/g6S1cI via @mumblr @GautamGhosh #yam <preview for what proposes to be a series on ‘changing the management world’
- CreatvEmergence: Creativity and Consciousness: http://bit.ly/gb7hlf <creativity is natural, “non-creative behaviour is learned” via ‘education’ etc…
- DavidGurteen: HBR: Why Face-to-Face Meetings Make All the Difference http://bit.ly/heOt6i #collab #km
- DavidGurteen: It’s Good To Talk… http://bit.ly/ieq8CR #GoodToTalk <the deeper issues in #collab…
- DavidGurteen: In communication, people taking part are always creating something new together. http://bit.ly/fIPPYd by @EskoKilpi <yes! – key distinction between win/lose (favoured in current ‘economics’) versus win/win (required for long-term sustainability) – v.strong recommend
A set of collaboration-principles from Verna Allee’s new book:
- vernaallee: Collaboration Principle #1 The natural pattern for creating value through collaboration is a network pattern.
Collaboration Principle #2 Network patterns of exchanging knowledge and ideas open the innovation pathways for creating new kinds of value.
Collaboration Principle #3 The emergent purpose of a network is revealed through the pattern of roles and exchanges within the network.
Value Network Principle #2 Network strategies fail when people try to run a network like a hierarchy.
Collaboration Principle #3 Every business process has a hidden network pattern of human interactions that makes it work.
Collaboration Principle #4 Every interaction in a network is an opportunity to create value or build relationship. More http://bit.ly/hFsjPW
Value Network Principle #1 You cannot administer a network – you can only serve it through the roles you play. More… http://bit.ly/hFsjPW
Network sustainability depends on perceived value. People vote with their feet and abandon networks if they feel they do not receive value.
Value is a network effect. One cannot determine the value of the network by simply adding up all the roles and their outputs.
Network patterns can show work processes at risk and show how companies build strategic capability for the future.
Networked patterns of human interactions and flows of intangibles are leading indicators for success.
Blame @hrheingold for requesting that blast of principles – recapped here http://sfy.co/eX From my new book http://bit.ly/hFsjPW
Vernaallee on Collaboration/Network Principles sfy.co/eZ via @hrheingold
Social-media, social-business, ‘enterprise 2.0’, user-experience and on-line collaboration:
- oscarberg: RT @johnmaeda: Classical explanation of “interaction design” by ixd guru Bill Verplank. http://j.mp/i2WApR <useful brief YouTube video #ux
- oscarberg: People saying tech played minor role in Egypt & Tunisia are ignorant. Pls check how many real people revolutions there have been in history // Technology doesn’t ignite a revolution, but it can help it to catch fire & spread like a wildfire <consider the role of broadsheets and (later) newspapers in previous revolutions
- davidcushman: Scaling Passive and Active Customer-Centric Innovation http://bit.ly/h17CQL
- oscarberg: RT @RWW: Collaborative To-Do List Strike Makes it Easy to GTD http://rww.to/i8c45F cc: @coreywebster <nice simple free ‘to-do lists’ web-app 🙂
- oscarberg: Social Collaboration Enables Us to Help Each Other – Social Business Expert Blog http://bit.ly/fdvaF2 #e20 #SocBiz #Collab // (I implicitly took for granted that such a platform has social mechanisms such as filters that can be automatically and manually calibrated)
- ChristineArena: Reading about #GE’s new iPad app and how it connects employees http://bit.ly/gG97Gg #e20
- BillIves: post on Creating Successful Online Communities – Pt 1 http://bit.ly/eVBp7g #collab #e20
- josvanoosten: RT @Libel: RT @dhinchcliffe: The Greatest Strength of Enterprise Social Media: Collaboration http://ow.ly/3X3AQ Pretty excellent infographic on #e20
- ChristineArena: RT @adamwerbach @judahschiller: Social Media Isn’t the Problem, It’s Your Culture http://shar.es/3c3yS #entarch #socmedia
- oscarberg: RT @alanlepo: FastCompany: User-lead design does not work. Great brands lead users, not the other way around http://bit.ly/ifNOSC #UI #UX <recommend, though with some reservations: as the article says, “the vision comes first”, not the brand… – the brand is an artefact of and anchor for the vision, not its precursor
- oscarberg: FastCompany: Enterprise C-Suites and Board Members Threatened by Social Business http://j.mp/g29xEq #SocBiz #change #entarch
- BillIves: RT @fgossieaux: Check out this ChangeThis Manifesto – 7 Myths of Hyper-Social Organizations – http://bit.ly/e6OWtK <recommend #socbiz
- BillIves: post on Creating Successful Online Communities Pt 3 http://bit.ly/igi6NA
- SAlhir: RT @GrahamHill: Great post on Why Most Facebook Marketing Doesn’t Work http://is.gd/EG1el0
- oscarberg: RT @ConnectIrmeli: Social exclusion or inclusion in a web 2.0 world by @gconole http://slidesha.re/g8ElHV #education #socmedia
IT-architecture, IT-development, IT-systems and related IT-type matters:
- ironick: +1 ebizQ post on BIZ-IT “confluence”: #entarch #resilience #hybridthinking #panarchy #panarchitecture #wickedproblems http://bit.ly/fKE2IQ <good summary of stages 3, 4, 5 of the TOGAF maturity-model (as expanded on in my book ‘Doing EA’): ‘alignment’ (mostly top-down), ‘enablement’ (mostly bottom-up), ‘confluence’ (‘spiral-out’, wicked-problems etc) – example is #itarch, but applies to all aspects of #entarch etc
- hebsgaard: Detailed Clinical Models #healthcare http://bit.ly/h1at3G <prelude to data-models for healthcare #dataarch
- basvg: RT @eacorg: SAP desribes the value of EA, interesting numbers! http://bit.ly/dKM74d #entarch <describes only IT-centric ‘entarch’, but useful nonetheless
- simonbrown: With technical mentors disappearing, where are software architects of tomorrow? http://t.co/uK7CJKQ <applies to all skills/disciplines – is a crucial yet often-forgotten #orgarch risk
- davidsprott: Bridging the gap between abstract SOA models and reality. A statement of requirements and use cases for RM. http://tinyurl.com/6x9lmvv #itarch #entarch
- simonbrown: RT @RSessions: #cloud is 80% architecture, 20% technology. So why is discussion 100% technology? <agree #itarch #entarch
- simonbrown: RT @trisha_gee: New blog post: hints for developers looking to become architects http://is.gd/J5RaAv <same for #entarch too
A discussion that developed around IT-architecture, and then IT-architecture presenting itself as ‘enterprise’-architecture:
- energizr: @flowchainsensei i dont think skill of software architecture is dying. just the role + that’s right imo. any decent dev will have arch skill
- simonbrown: Not in my experience! RT @energizr: @flowchainsensei … any decent dev will have arch skill
- energizr: @simonbrown w/o arch skills i don’t consider a dev to be complete. ‘decent’ is a personal assessment rather than a general qualification // that’s not to say a talented code writer cannot learn arch skills and become more rounded + capable 🙂
- simonbrown: +1 RT @flowchainsensei: MT @energizr @simonbrown Software development isn’t just about writing good code
- energizr: @simonbrown yip. personally i think a ‘decent’ dev must also have biz acumen + understand economics to help biz get the most from software // a dev must be able to challenge biz people by understanding the biz domain so that inclusion of every feature is justified // i have little tolerance 4 ppl calling themselves architects but don’t write code. add ‘enterprise’ to that + watch my blood boil
- energizr: @flowchainsensei disagree. creating effective sw for high txn/scaled envs requires skills in systems/caching/load balancing/networking etc. // lol. i disagree with “Enterprise Architecture (should) have little to do with software” // perhaps our views of what enterprise architecture is, are different?
- flowchainsensei: @energizr Maybe you should have chats with some “real” Enterprise Architects such as @tetradian ? I have done EA but profess no specialism
- flowchainsensei: @tetradian Need your help explaining “What is EA?” to twitter folks! Possible?
- tetradian: .@energizr big difference b/w enterprise IT-architecture (as you describe) and architecture-of-enterprise (as @flowchainsensei describe) … // software is central to ent-IT-arch (at Zachman layer 3-4) but often of little importance in itself in ‘real’ #entarch (Zach 0-3) // ent-IT-arch is only one smallish subset of #entarch – describing it _as_ entarch confuses everyone – including IT-architects!
- pauljansen: @flowchainsensei @tetradian http://pauljansen.eu/definingarchitecture.htm (me, budding in).
- tetradian: .@energizr see ‘What is an Enterprise?’ http://slidesha.re/8wWNSq – IT-arch is ‘org’ around IT-infrastruct, #entarch starts 3 layers above
- tetradian: .@energizr see also e.g. RT @pauljansen: What is architecture? http://bit.ly/ik34ZV
- tetradian: .@energizr (is true I don’t write much code these days, but “I done my time” – e.g. was one of pioneers of desktop-publishing in 1970s-80s) // (btw, yes, makes _my_ blood boil when I see detail-layer software-architects describe themselves as ‘enterprise’-architects…)
- flowchainsensei: @tetradian Thanks for responding 🙂
- tetradian: @flowchainsensei you’re welcome – thanks for invite – I likewise get annoyed with IT-architects getting arrogant about ‘enterprise’-arch…
- aleksb6: @tetradian who’s to say they’re not #entarch?! (except my trash bin where the #swarch resumes generally wind up)
- tetradian: @aleksb6 IT-arch is smallish but important subset of #entarch – every IT-architect is _in_ entarch, but entarch is not _only_ IT-arch
- aleksb6: @tetradian I’m not minimizing the importance of #itarch, but too much focus in that domain drives the perception of #entarch as #itarch
- tetradian: @aleksb6 agreed – which is why it’s up to us as EAs to keep lifting the focus to the whole-enterprise ‘big-picture’, not drown in IT-detail
- simonbrown: @tetradian @energizr @pauljansen I like the 5th hallmark of architecture… 🙂
- tetradian: @simonbrown there speaks an IT-architect who _does_ understand broad-scope entarch – thank you, sir! 🙂
- simonbrown: @tetradian people, process, technology, strategy, efficiency, … – I know enough to understand that it’s not my area of expertise! 😉 lol
- tetradian: @simonbrown and likewise I know I’m horribly out-of-date on detail-layer of IT-systems – hence I don’t try to tell others how to do it! 🙂
- simonbrown: RT @olivers: Do you have a pet peeve about software architects? What is it?
- simonbrown: @olivers they think they are enterprise architects … cc @tetradian 😉
Society, culture, economics, corporate social responsibility and the ‘big picture’ in the human sense:
- DavidGurteen: Randomness is good http://bit.ly/goASvM #futures #society
- Eclectopedic: RT @zenext: Give me a community where people can grow up in, grow old in, grow in, and not outgrow… #society #entarch
- hvaelama: In search of a science/economics that helps human beings rather than other academics and publishers of economics journals
- Eclectopedic: Pointing out lies- especially by those in power- is not ‘taking sides’. It’s what journalism is SUPPOSED to do! http://bit.ly/f8WX8s <interesting indictment of the current quality (or lack of it) of US ‘establishment’ journalism…
- jdevoo: Steps in Open Standards http://bit.ly/h3pszp #citsci #conservation #biodiversity // Conservation Measures http://bit.ly/hxKwh1 #Miradi #conservation #IUCN #biodiversity
- CreatvEmergence: RT @DanielPink: RT @BobMorrison: Psych Today – Funding the arts funds scientific innovation & economic development http://bit.ly/eRLFV1 <trying to dissuade the US government from further committing national suicide on behalf of ‘rational’ bankers etc…
- via @CreatvEmergence: Psychology Today: Talking Trash or Taking It Out? http://bit.ly/fM5kNq <development of (non)responsibility in children in ‘developed’ world: scary…
- Eclectopedic: Utne: How the 7 Deadly Sins became the 7 Corporate Virtues: http://bit.ly/fMZIaU #csr #society #economics
- Eclectopedic: RT @VenessaMiemis: Technology Review: An App for Dissidents http://bit.ly/e7kB62 via @techreview #egypt <interesting – but likely to be even more popular with other types of users such as drug gangs… oh well!
- fer_ananda: Surreal! Guy printing his dollars, using them for the last 20 yrs. Stablishments receiving them. @giyom not ilegal? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ1TIYxm1vM <fun story from Steve Wozniak
- Eclectocpedic: RT @MollyKinder: Madeline Albright: “My motto is that there is a special place in hell for women who don’t help each other” http://bit.ly/gEMJUX #words2liveby <well, yes, but why the sexism??? – why women only, helping only women???
- DavidGurteen: The Primed Directive http://bit.ly/hfjP1J via @johnniemoore /I want to weep <“Rich kids get taught they matter. Poor kids get taught they don’t. That’s the mother of all priming.” (in the psychological sense of ‘priming’) #society #culture
And, of course, that mind-boggling miscellany:
- vernaallee: RT @novaspivack: My father’s blog post about how cancer changes the ordinary into the sublime. http://bit.ly/go0Dju We’ll miss him so.
- tetradian: Working with Beck Kelly (@GingerbeardProd) on script and shot-list for my short-film ‘Home Truths’ #film #collab
- davidriveroll: How to Create a Custom Facebook Page for Your Band or Business Using WordPress – WPMU.org http://wpmu.org/how-to-create-a-custom-facebook-page-for-your-band-or-business-using-wordpress/
- oscarberg: The (visual) Anatomy of an Apple Email http://flpbd.it/2ozc <push-marketing at its best (if that’s the right word?)
- hebsgaard: How to Replace Twitter With Facebook http://bit.ly/fbrj9w <detailed how-to for those who might want to do this
- oscarberg: RT @hjarche: How to write good code http://xkcd.com/844/ or a good course, or a good website … <ouch… painfully accurate cartoon…
- davidriveroll: RT @smashingmag: An Illustrated Guide: short reviews of notable picture books — http://bit.ly/f8vX2a — Nice little project.
- thinksmith: A product that really, really said no to featuritus: http://www.noteslate.com/ <can’t quite tell if this is a parody or for real…
- (via @SAlhir) telephoto lens for iPhone – looks fun! (and surprisingly cheap, too) http://bit.ly/gRe7c7